Over the past few weeks I’ve been struggling to get to sleep. I know this happens and affects different people in many ways; one being insomnia. By not being able to sleep my skin has looked unhealthy and my performance during the day has been affected. However, over the last few days there’s been some things I’ve been doing before settling in and honestly it has helped so much and I am starting to see the difference.
I thought it would be a good idea to share these tips with you as I’m sure it’ll help quite a few of you out…
- Technology: Make sure you don’t go near any technology 30 minutes to an hour before bed. Technology makes it difficult to sleep as the bright screen releases a hormone in the brain which keeps you awake.
- Books: One thing that has worked for me is to read half an hour before bed. This helps as you get so engrossed in the book it actually makes you tired. My go to book at the minute is Girl On The Train.
- Pamper: This has helped me so much to relax and forget the stresses before sleep. What I do is take a long warm bath with any lavender products I have and exfoliate my skin with a scrub. I then put on a cleansing face mask and put on a snuggly dressing gown. This just helps you to chill and feel good about yourself.
- Sleepy Products: I know this sounds weird but sleeping products are a big yes when it comes to wanting a great sleep. About five minutes before sleep spritz your pillow with lavender/chamomile spray and I use this also paired with a balm in which I lightly massage into my temple. When I lay down to sleep I take big breaths and take in the spray which helps relax me. My favourite sleep spray is by Bath and Body Works. And the balm I use is Avon ‘s Sleep Serenity.
- Lights: This tip is one of the best in my opinion. Half an hour before bed start to dim the lights in your bedroom which will make a more relaxed atmosphere and help you feel at ease. Also it’ll help to sleep in total darkness.
Thank-you for reading. I know this post was a bit random but I hope it helped.
Love Jazz xx